Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Really Late 4th Birthday Update

I feel like I've been on the go non-stop for the last few months. I barely have time for myself anymore. I still haven't found a new job for myself and I'm beginning to wonder how I managed to take care of our home and work all the same time for the last few years. How did I find the time? I can barely manage to get it all done now and I'm not working!

The Little Monster turned 4 in February. She requested a Ninja Turtles party. TMNT decor was few and far between in February and now, of course, it's all over the place. It's okay, we managed. I made some pretty awesome decor for her and she had a blast. In the end, that's all that really matters.

One of my favorite pieces from her birthday party was the birthday banner.


I designed the whole thing myself and it took FOREVER, but I really love the way it came out. I backed it up with some green streamers and balloons in the colors of the turtles (even though Leonardo is her absolute favorite). I listed the banner in my Etsy shop - you can get it personalized or instantly download it unpersonalized - and it's quickly becoming my new best seller. That's really exciting for me since I'm not working right now. I even expanded it and added a whole printable birthday kit. I'm still kind of glad that I made the banner myself. The party stuff now in stores features the new Nickelodeon turtles while mine features the originals.






So much better than the CGI ones, if you ask me. There's just something that irks me about the new ones and you can't find these in stores anywhere. I did manage to grab some napkins from the vintage section of Etsy though. 

I did use the CGI turtles on her pinata, but that's only because I used wrapping paper. I bought a Tinkerbell pinata, removed the cardboard pieces on the front and back and then used double-sided tape to reattach them to the pinata. Voila - instant pinata! I'm so glad I thought of this because she had been begging me for a pinata for a whole year.


You can kind of see it in the background of the top picture, but I made green ruffled streamers for our living room wall (and they may or may not still be up now :P). I got the idea from Dana over at Made!


A friend of mine whipped up some homemade TMNT cupcakes. They were a big hit and tasted amazing. We ordered some pizzas and I have a pizza baked ziti, too (what TMNT party wouldn't have pizza??).

All in all, it was a good party and M is so happy she isn't 3 anymore. She still asks me every day, "Mommy, I'm still 4, right?".

No comments: