Friday, March 1, 2013

Going Back to School

When I was in school, one of my least favorite times of the year was exam time. All of the studying and stress that goes along with it. What if you study the wrong thing? What if you don't study enough? What about that 1 class you missed and couldn't get notes for? I think this is one of the biggest reasons why I decided against becoming a teacher. I didn't want to deal with all of the next step test prep work. I didn't want to take the GRE's. I was too afraid to fail and waste all of that money and I most definitely didn't want to hire a GRE prep tutor.

Instead, I stuck to what I knew. I studying French and German. I lucked out, too. There were no thesis' to write or dissertations. The biggest paper I wrote was for a French lit class I had. I wrote about a French novel I read about Marie Antoinette. I think it was, maybe, 5 pages long. That's it. That's the longest paper I ever had to write. There were no other final projects or anything of the sort.

Now, here I am, 5 years out of college, contemplating going back. Am I crazy? I still hate taking tests. I still hate physically going to class and I still hate homework. Why would I even want to go back? I guess I just want to see if I can actually make something of myself.

No comments: