Monday, October 15, 2012

Thrifty Crafting + DIY Cake Stand

 I recently discovered my local thrift store and I've fallen in love. Pinterest and thrift stores make for a potentially volatile combination around here. I tend to purchase stuff with all of these grand ideas and then the stuff just sits and rots until it gets broken or I toss it. I managed to get my first thrifty project completed though!





It's a cute little cake stand that is currently home to my spices. I'm loving the extra counter space, too.

This guy was pretty easy to make. I picked up a plate that had these gorgeous edges and a cute little candle stick holder. 


I stuck them together with some gorilla glue (careful, gorilla glue expands 3-4 times it's original size!) and then spray painted it in grey the next day. Easy! I do intend to use this as a cake stand, but in the meantime, I think it's doing a spectacular job as spice holder.

Total cost of the project? Less than $2. Not bad at all considering I found this similar cake stand at Target for $20 on Saturday.




I like mine better.



No comments: