Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pumpkin Festival

Over the weekend, we met up with my sister and her boyfriend at Shady Brook Farm in Yardley, PA for their annual pumpkin festival. It's the first time M or J have ever been, though I used to go all the time when I was little.


I whipped M up a new dress early Saturday morning and I love the way that it came out. I mostly winged it and it came out just the way I imagined it in my head. It has 3/4 length bell sleeves, making them nice and flowy. Easy to maneuver around in, yet still warm in the cool fall weather. The skirt is full, which is great for dancing and running in. It also falls below the knee, so she can be as unladylike as she pleases and still keep herself presentable.


 The first thing that we did when we got to the farm was jump on these giant air pillow things. They were really cool. The farm had 2 set up, one for bigger kids and one for younger kids. It's essentially a giant trampoline.... More like a moon bounce, I guess. M had a blast.


In the corn maze, you could collect all 5 colors on your fingers and then when you exited the maze, there was a match up chart. You matched the order of the colors on your fingers and did the act on the back of the board for fun. M wound up doing all of them, except mine, which was 'walk on all fours'. The ground was muddy, so we skipped that one. She did "squeak like a mouse" and "yawn like a hippo" though.


The colors themselves were crayon. You just stuck your finger in the hole and rubbed the crayon on it. You'd think if they were having you put crayon on your hands, they'd offer you a place to wash them. Nope. I have to say, it's very difficult to wash crayon off with just a napkin. This particular picture is also my entry for The Paper Mama's Photo Challenge this week - the theme was "hands"


Of course, what's a pumpkin festival without pumpkins? The pumpkin patch actually had some trees set up with pumpkins around them for mini photoshoots. I got a couple really great shots that I can't wait to print and frame.


The Paper Mama Photo Challenge

1 comment:

BOWquet said...

so fun!
I love the hand picture :)