Thursday, October 18, 2012

Budget-Friendly Fall Decor



We don't have a mantle above our fireplace, which makes me a little sad when it comes to decorating. I've been trying to find a shelf to put above it, but I've been unsuccessful so far. Instead, I chose to decorate the top of our bookshelf! This little project cost me less than $6 to do. It'll cost you less if you already have the materials at home.


Do you want to try it yourself? It's easy and you'll only need a few things to get it done. You'll need 2 candles, 2 wine glasses and your favorite fall decorative item! I used 2 pumpkin spice scented candles, 2 ceramic scarecrows holding pumpkins, a couple red fabric-like leaves and 2 pumpkin shaped doilies. All from the dollar store. Put it all together and what have you got? A beautiful fall piece.

Our mums don't usually sit on our bookshelf, but it was storming out when I took the picture and I was afraid the wind would knock it over. The picture of Miss M is from last fall. She took it as a part of her school pictures. The lit candle in the background is a wooden wick candle scented in 'bonfire nights'. All in all, I love it. I recently made the memo board hanging over the top of the bookshelf, too. I'll have to put together a little tutorial for that later.

1 comment:

BOWquet said...

I love the candle holders :)