Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Princess Dress Up { BuyCostumes Review }


Dress up play is becoming more and more common in our house. From princesses and mermaids to pirates and superheroes. Every day is a new adventure.

I recently gave my princess a brand new Princess Aurora costume from BuyCostumes.com. She LOVES it. I'm telling you, if she could wear this dress every day, she absolutely would. I have to tell you, I'm also pretty skeptical when it comes to ordering clothes and costumes online. I like to touch and feel things before I get them, especially now that M is between toddler and child sizes. She wound up picking the Sleeping Beauty Ballerina costume from their website and I grabbed it in a child's small, just in case. I am SO glad that I did. M is currently fitting in clothes ranging anywhere from a 5T to a Child's 6/7 (and she's only 3!).


Since it's a ballerina costume, the skirt is shorter, like a tutu. The child's small winds up falling just above her knees. Yes, my daughter is tall - she's around 3'3". Luckily, there's still a little room to grow in the dress and when it gets to short, I'll just need to add a pair of leggings.

The dress itself is made of some really good materials. It feels well put together. I know a lot of dress up clothes and Halloween costumes sometimes feel like they're cheaply made, but this one doesn't. I love that. As soon as the dress showed up (very quickly, I might add), we put it on, threw on a pair of "down heels" (sic) and walked over to the playground near our home.


Of course, we had to stop and sing to the animals like every good Disney princess does.


By the time we made it to the playground princess castle, our heels HAD to go. They just weren't cutting it. The dress, however, stayed together and was easy to move around and play in. The shorter skirt allowed us to chase the white butterflies in the open field much easier and we could climb stairs and ladders without a hassle. The rest of the dress fit nicely, too, so there was no getting caught or stuck on anything.

All in all, I'd say this costume was a win!


And I think the princess would agree. ;)

It also looks like if you sign up for the BuyCostumes newsletter, you can receive 15% off of your first order. So if anyone's interested in picking up a costume, you should definitely do that!

Note: I received the Sleeping Beauty Ballerina costume for free from BuyCostumes.com in order to do this review. I did not receive any other compensation and the opinions in the review are entirely my own.

1 comment:

Rose Kute said...

these are awesome pics