Saturday, August 18, 2012

Exploring the Unknown

Now that I'm home with M full time, I've been trying to do things with her that we haven't had a chance to before. I like introducing her to new things, especially now that she's a "big girl" and can enjoy them.



On Thursday, we found a new park near our apartment. It's actually a beautiful park and I'm glad I found it. It has a huge sledding hill and 3 playgrounds. One of the 3 even has rock climbing walls. Plus, actual bathrooms (always a plus with a toddler) instead of a port-a-potty (ew) and even vending machines. There's also a fishing pond, an exercise center and multiple soccer fields.


My favorite part about this new park, however, is the nature trails! M had never been hiking before, so when I saw the entrance, I knew it'd be the perfect time to give it a try. I mean, if she hated it, we could always turn around and leave.



She wound up surprising me though. We hiked a decent bit, about 30 to 45 minutes. Then, we stopped for a little picnic in an open field before heading back. And you know what? She didn't start complaining that her legs were bothering her until we were almost out. Not bad for a 3 year old and her first time hiking!


Her favorite part was finding this M carved into a tree. Now that she knows her name starts with M, she loves the letter. We were also lucky enough to find a 'walking stick' as soon as we stepped into the woods.


She kept telling me that we were brave explorers and explorers didn't get scared. She even tackled the giant log like a champ!


Needless to say, this is our new favorite park.


No comments: