Monday, August 6, 2012

All About Princesses

Last week, the Monster and I learned all about princesses during our "school at home" time. You should have seen her face when I told her that was going to be our theme for the week. Her jaw literally dropped. Then, of course, she asked if we could do Pirates and Super Heroes, too.

M is actually doing very well with the school at home. Surprisingly, she even asks for worksheets sometimes. I'm pretty impressed. Some days are harder than others, but we're taking it one day at a time.

She has a habit of taking all of her clothes off randomly during the day, so here are some decent shots that I managed to get last week.

I created this maze for her. She had to help Cinderella find her glass slipper.

And she did it all by herself!

Some prewriting work. I have no idea why she starts from the bottom of the page.

Bottom, top, middle.

She also made some princess & knight puppets and put on a puppet show.

The story went like this:
Once upon a time, there was a good Knight named Daddy. One day, he was invited to go to the Princess' castle. He was so happy and sooooo hungry. He started to ride his horse, but then the mean red Knight showed up! But he was happy because he made a new best friend and they hugged. Then they went to see the Princess together! The end.

We decorated princess crowns using adhesive gem stones and foam flower stickers



Instead of circling the different one, she decided to fix it. She's drawing a tail on the horse.

And we dressed up like princesses and danced in the living room!

This week we're working on Pirates. I'm excited because I made most of this week's worksheets by myself and, really, I just love pirates.


No comments: