Then, I came across a tutorial online somewhere that recommended starching fabric up on the wall. What a brilliant idea! Just fix it up there and when you're ready to leave, pull it down. Awesome. So I went out and bought myself some pink fabric for an accent wall. Here it is nearly 7 months later and I finally got the time to work on it.
|M's room before we moved her stuff in|
It's a pretty large room, just about the same size as the master bedroom. It has a little hallway that connects to the guest bathroom and 2 closets on either side of the hall.
|The princess and her new pink wall (and butterfly mirrors). The window is to the right.|
She loved it and it was super easy to do! I forgot to take in progress pictures because I was too excited, but all I did was tack the fabric that I pre-washed and dried up (leaving about an inch all sides, just in case). Then I took a can of spray starch and went to town. I used a hard piece of cardboard (I think from a wooden puzzle box) to flatten the air pockets and smooth it out. Then I let it all dry. That's it! Once it was completely dry, I trimmed around the edges with a box cutter (or exacto knife) and removed the pins.
|Finished pink accent wall|
I still have a few minor touches to work on and I'd like to add something to the opposite wall (it's plain white), but overall, I'm pleased.