Thursday, July 12, 2012

Life + homeschooling a preschooler


 Sometimes, life happens. It's been a rough few months in our household and I've fallen behind in a number of areas - blogging being one of them. Things are finally starting to fall back into places and I'm ready to come back.

We moved in January to a much better area. We love it. Our new apartment overlooks the woods and there's a little playground a few feet away. We also have a pool, which is perfect for M. We're working on learning to swim this year since she turned 3 in February (where did the time go?).

I suffered from some health issues the last few months, but I'm back now and ready to jump back into my weight loss. I've still got about 50-60lbs left to go. I'm hoping that this is my year!

I lost my job last month and that's been hard for me. The Monster is home with me more now and I'm determined to keep her active and learning. That means I started homeschooling my preschooler this month. I am still sending her to her school a few times a month for a few hours each day. This is primarily so that I have some time where I can schedule job interviews, but it's also so that she can socialize with kids her own age since we don't know many down here. We just started this last week, so it's still an adjustment, but she seems to like learning at home with me. She keeps calling me "Mommy Teacher". It's cute.

Last week we worked healthy eating. It's something she's been asking me about a lot lately - which foods are healthy and which aren't. We read The Berenstain Bears & Too Much Junk Food by Stan & Jan Berenstain and The Edible Pyramid: Good Eating Every Day by Loreen Leedy. I also ordered I Will Not NEVER Eat a Tomato by Lauren Child (a Charlie & Lola book), but it hasn't come in yet. We also worked on some pre-writing, shapes & music appreciation.

This week, we settled on an Ocean theme and I have some pretty cool activities to share with you later on.

I missed you guys, what's new in your lives?



No comments: