Thursday, March 1, 2012

Rollerskating

When I was a kid, I loved to rollerskate and when I got older, I loved rollerblading. In fact, I loved it so much that I never rode a bike. So skating was something I wanted to make sure I passed on to the Monster.

Last year, we bought her her first pair of princess rollerskates. You know, the kind that you put on on top of your shoes. I think I found them on sale at Target for like $6, including arm and knee pads. Her helmet cost more than the skates. At 2 years old, however, she didn't quite get it (even though she begged and cried to try them).

Now that it's getting a little warmer outside, I've been excited to give it a go with her again. She can't quite do it by herself, or she falls, but she does pretty well if I hold one of her hands.



What kinds of things did you love doing as a kid & can't wait to pass on?




No comments: