Sunday, March 4, 2012

Meal Plans & Weigh In - Week 2

I was a little worried this week because I wasn't losing any weight in the beginning. Looks like my body just took a little longer to start processing it this week.

STARTING WEIGHT: 191.8
LAST WEEK'S WEIGHT: 188.4
CURRENT WEIGHT: 186.4
LOSS/GAIN THIS WEEK: - 2
TOTAL LOSS TO DATE: - 5.4

MEASUREMENTS (arm pits, chest, waist, stomach, hips, butt, thigh)
STARTING: 36" - 42.5" - 31" - 38" - 40" - 44" - 24.5"
LAST: 36" - 42" - 30.5" - 37.5" - 40" - 44" - 24.5"
CURRENT: 36" - 41.5" - 30" - 36.5" - 40" - 43.5" - 24"
LOSS THIS WEEK: 0 -  .5 - .5 - 1.5 - 0 - .5 - .5 

TOTAL LOSS TO DATE: 0 -  1 - 1 - 1.5 - 0 - .5 - .5
GOAL BY APRIL 1: 180
GOAL BY JULY 5:  150

So, I've surpassed my goal for March 4th, losing almost 5 and a half pounds in 2 weeks. I didn't get to exercise as much as I wanted to this past week (only once), but I still think I did pretty well. The hubs gained almost 2lbs this week, but he also went way over his points and didn't work out at all.

I'm making my goal for April 1 180lbs, even though that's only a loss of 7lbs in 4 weeks instead of 8. I think that makes it a little more reasonable in case I have an off week.

As far as last week's meal plan went, it turns out I underestimated and ran out of meals to make by Thursday. They were all tasty, but I still ran out. I think my favorite meal last week were the enchiladas. I filled them with ground beef, black beans and zucchini and topped them with red & green enchilada sauce and non-fat cheddar cheese. Yum.

MEAL PLAN WEEK 3 (in no particular order)
  • Baked Broccoli Mac & Cheese
  • Easy Pasta & Broccoli
  • Beef, Bean & Cheese Enchiladas
  • Spinach & Broccoli Quiche
  • Portabella Pizzas
  • Pizza Crescent Rolls (with turkey pepperoni)

This is the third week in a row that mac & cheese is making the list, so we know it's a winner in this house. The pasta & broccoli is super easy. I just add 2 tablespoons of light butter to warm pasta & broccoli, stir it in, then add a little salt and a little non-fat cheese (whatever I have). It's tasty and filling. The portabella pizzas were a bigger hit than the zucchini ones last week. The zucchini ones were good, but the portabellas were better (and I hate mushrooms). These are easy to make and very low calorie. Just sprinkle the mushrooms with salt, pepper & oregano, bake for about 10 minutes, then add a spoonful of tomato sauce and a sprinkle of non-fat mozzarella cheese. Delicious! We always love crust-less quiche in our house, so this one's no big deal for us. The crescent rolls are going to be our new one this week. I'm thinking of just adding the mozzarella and pepperoni inside the rolls and baking. Easy and it sounds yummy. :)

2 comments:

Dari said...

You are kicking butt and taking names! Woohoo! Keep up the good work.

Jenerally Speaking said...

yay for two pounds!! :) Looks like your still doing great!! :)