Thursday, February 16, 2012

And the Journey Begins Again....



I decided that I've taken enough time off of my weight loss journey. I still have 40lbs left to go to hit the top 'average' weight zone and I'm pretty determined to get there this year.


I've come a long way, considering that my original starting weight was somewhere in the area of 250. I'm now down to 190 and I've successfully maintained this weight since October. While 60lbs gone is definitely a huge plus, I really need to get a move on and lose the next 40.

I think that I got lazy when I stopped doing my weekly weigh in. I stopped blogging about the weight loss and then I stopped losing weight, too. I think the blogging helps me hold myself accountable. That being said, I think I'm going to start doing a weekly weigh in again. It keeps me on my toes. I am going to improve on that though.


I've already started cooking at home more often instead of picking up take out. I've re-discovered my love for my crock pot and have been trying to make some new, fairly healthy meals. I've also been trying to come up with a meal plan each week to not help with healthier meals, but to also help me cut our spending and work harder on my couponing (I'd love to be able to take the Monster to Disney in the next year or so). In addition to my weekly weigh in, I think I'm going to start posting up my weekly meal plans (though changes may be made during the course of the week) and, possibly, my savings. I may post some healthy recipes up, too.


I'm not just doing this for me or for J, but also for the Little Monster. She had her 3 year old check up this month and they mentioned that she's in the 99th percentile for weight. I in no way believe that my 3 year old is fat, she's in the 90th percentile for height, too, but I do think she could benefit from the healthier meals.


So I guess I should finish with my first weigh in of the new year... I'm going to put my current weight as my starting weight, since I'm technically starting over. :) I'll also include my short & long term goals.


STARTING WEIGHT: 191.8
GOAL BY MARCH 1: 187
GOAL BY JULY 5:  150
July 5th will make 20 weeks. That's 2lbs per week or 8lbs per month. Completely do-able. :) I'll try to take some better pictures this time around, but for now here's a placeholder:
Starting Weight 190.8 lbs






1 comment:

BOWquet said...

yay!!! You can do it! looking forward to the healthy recipes :)