Friday, November 18, 2011

A Weight Loss Update

I've really sucked at keeping track of my weight recently. I switched to using my bathroom scale, which weighs me in higher than my Wii did and that's fine. I had hit my plateau at around 195 this summer and I hadn't been able to find a way to overcome that plateau.

Well, I've finally done it this month. I've started trying to do some more yoga and I'm eating way less during the day. I've taken to having a slim fast for lunch and then whatever I want for dinner, most days during the work week only. I do still cut myself a break once in a while.

I've been doing this for about a month now and it seems to be paying off. I've started noticing that my large Abercrombie sweatpants are starting to slide down my hips if I don't tie them tight enough and I'm starting to fit into my coats that I haven't fit in since college.

So, curious, I hopped onto my bathroom scale yesterday morning. I was down to 185.6. That's 10lbs in the last month. I'm so proud of myself for finally breaking free from my plateau and getting my ass in gear. I still have a ways to go until I hit my goal of 140, but at least I feel like it's possible again. If I keep losing 10lbs a month, I could hit my goal in just over 4 months. FOUR months. That's it. I'm making my new goal to get down to 140 by the time the warm weather comes around. That will give me an extra 3 months just in case I hit another plateau (though I really hope I don't).

I really feel like this is possible for the first time in a long time.




No comments: