Friday, September 9, 2011

Young Love



Have you guys heard Mat Kearney's new album, Young Love, yet? I recently got my hands on a copy and I have to say, I was impressed. I'm not a huge Mat Kearney fan, but I do like a lot of the songs on this album. They're saying this album was propelled by his song "Hey Mama", which I have to say - it's one of my favorites. Check out the video for "Hey Mama" here. It's definitely a clap-happy song that makes you want to get up and dance. It even had the Little Monster moving and grooving over here.

If you aren't familiar with Mat's music you've probably heard some of his previous hits on your favorite TV shows.  Past songs have appeared on 30 Rock, Grey's Anatomy, The Hills, Friday Night Lights, Scrubs, NCIS, and numerous other television shows. 

Young Love Tracklisting
1 Hey Mama
2 Ships In The Night
3 Count On Me

4 Sooner Or Later

5 Chasing The Light

6 Learning To Love Again

7 Down

8 She Got The Honey

9 Young Dumb And In Love

10 Rochester
11 Seventeen

The album has some weird songs on it, too, and some that I didn't really care for, but mostly, I enjoyed it and would recommend checking it out. Aside from "Hey Mama", I have to say "She Got The Honey" and "Young Dumb and In Love" are my other 2 favorites.

For those of you who have heard the album, what did you think?
 
Keeping it Real: I am a member of the One2One Network and received a copy of Mat Kearney's Young Love in order to do this review. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own.




No comments: