Monday, August 15, 2011

Marking Your Territory

I found these adorable Sketchers this weekend at Kohl's. Their normal price was $40 and they were on sale for $11.99 (though they rang up at $6.40 - even better!). I don't know about you guys, but I have issues paying more than $10-$15 for a pair of sneakers that my daughter will outgrow in a few months. So when I found these, I thought - PERFECT. Of course, M walks around saying that she's wearing "Kay-Kay's" shoes.
 
Side note: Kay-Kay is what she's called her BFF Kaitlyn since they first met in the infant room at 6 months old. She can say Kaitlyn now, but she just calls her Kay-Kay.

Why are they Kay-Kay's shoes? Well, because Kay-Kay wears rhinestone covered sneakers all the time! M loves these though. She wanted to wear them the second we got them and when I wouldn't let her, she insisted on carrying the box around. When we got home, she put them right on.

What's the first thing she did with them on?

Peed in them. 

Yup, that's right. She took off her Pull Up and peed right in the shoes. I was furious. Of course, they're covered in paint & rhinestones, so you can't exactly wash them. I wound up letting them dry out and then febreezing them pretty good, but come on!

Do your kids mark their territory like mine does?





1 comment:

finallyMom@blogspot.com said...

what?!? :) hahah oh my goodness, i'm not sure what to say to that!! wow! :)