Tuesday, August 16, 2011

In the last year and a half....

I have lost 75lbs, 4 inches around my chest, 7.5 inches around my waist, 10 inches around my hips and 6 inches around my thighs.


I know that this is great. I know that this is a huge accomplishment. That's a loss of around 1lbs per week. That's fantastic.


But I know that I could have done better. I know that I could have lost 2lbs per week if I really put my mind to it. I know that I still have 40-50lbs to go and that I should exercise more and should eat better.

And all of these things that I know discourage me. They make me feel like I've accomplished nothing. They put me in a negative state of mind and keep me from hitting my goals. They make my weight loss slower.


It's time to start looking for that silver lining. It's time to start think glass half full.


With that being said, here is my pep talk to me:


Danielle, you have surpassed more than half your target weight loss and you've done it in less than 2 years. This is awesome, but what's even more awesome is that you've stuck with your plan for this long. It's okay to take breaks once in a while because you're not shooting for a quick weight loss solution. You are thinking long term. You are setting reasonable goals for yourself to help you achieve a long term goal rather than a short term one. Good thinking! If you keep eating well, drinking water and exercising, you can and will make those goals. You can and will reach your target weight and you will do it in a reasonable amount of time. Weight loss takes time. You know this. You've done this before and you can do it again.




2 comments:

Marci said...

Great Pep Talk!! And you're right. Slow is better! It's a lifestyle CHANGE not a quick fix!! Good job, Great work, Keep it up, YOU CAN DO IT!

Jenerally Speaking said...

You are AWEsome!! :) I seriously love your hard work and determination. Thanks for motivating me to get started again. ;)