Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Toddler Tunes

M has been very into making up her own songs or re-wording traditional songs lately. I'm not sure where she comes up with some of it.


The other day, she wrote a song that she calls Flower Song. She bangs on her little xylophone-keyboard duo and sings. Things to note, Amanda is her aunt and a Meena is a banana.


Flower Song! Amanda song.
Flower Song! Meena song.
Flower Song! I love Meena song.
Flower Song! Aunt Amanda song.
Flower Song! YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM!

She came up with that all on her own, I was so impressed. I wish she would've let me record her singing it, but of course, she won't. Why would she let me do that? ha.

She's also been obsessed with Mary Had a Little Lamb lately, but she changes the words to other names like hers, Mommy and Daddy. She makes me sing that one over and over again. After about 5 minutes the other day, I changed the words to things like

Daddy had a little lamb whose fleece was brown like poopy
Mommy had a little lamb whose fleece was red and sticky
Grandma had a little lamb whose fleece was cotton candy
Of course, she thought this was absolutely hysterical. I think I had her laughing for a good half hour. And you know which color stuck with her? Brown. It was the first funny thing I could think of, though definitely not my finest moment. Now Daddy permanently has a lamb whose fleece is brown like poopy.

Oh well. At least she thinks it's funny.



5 comments:

Brooke - "Brookie's Baby Bargains" said...

That is so cute! I can't wait until my little M can sing along too! I love how kids make up their own words. So fun!

Following back from the Tuesday hop. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

If you haven't yet, you should check out my 100 Follower Giveaway! Ends 7/27.

http://brookiesbabybargains.blogspot.com/2011/07/its-here-100-followers-giveaway-ends.html

Kacie said...

Soooo cute!

New follower from TAT.
firefly-chasing.blogspot.com

About my blog said...

Great blog! And M is precious! Thats so funny (and not) with her coming in at 4am!

Nikki said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Stopping (and following) back from TAT. I look forward to reading more in the future!

makesperfectsense.blogspot.com

Jazmin @ The Miller's said...

She is precious! I totally think this is funny too! Kids are the best!

♥Jazmin