Monday, July 18, 2011

People

Over the weekend, M & I were hanging out in my room since J was still asleep. I was trying to keep the little monster quiet, so I set her up with her coloring book and some crayons. After about 5 minutes, I hear
 
Mommy! Mommy, look, I draw you!

This wasn't anything new, really, since she always "draws" us, but it usually comes out looking something like this (I drew the circles while holding her hand).


This time, it was different. She actually drew faces ALL BY HERSELF!
Can I tell you guys how proud of her I am? I didn't expect her to draw faces yet. In fact, I read in one of my baby books that toddlers don't typically draw identifiable faces by themselves until they're around 4 or 5 years old. Yet, here she is at not even 2 and a half years, drawing faces with circles for a head, 2 eyes, a nose and a mouth. Heck, one of them even has hair and another has a body.

Obviously, this one is going to be framed and hung on her wall.




5 comments:

finallyMom said...

oh my word is that the sweetest sweetest SWEETEST thing!! i'm so glad you framed it, too. :)

The "L" in ELF said...

That's awesome! I'd frame it too!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you and would love a follow back!

Have a great week!

Delaney said...

How cool!

Nykki said...

That is so adorable! It's amazing how fast they grow up!

Crunchy Babe said...

ADORABLE! She did a good job!