Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bench Re-Do

I've loved doing arts & crafts ever since I was a little girl. There was something about it that I thoroughly enjoyed. Now I try to incorporate arts and crafts into M's life.


The other day we were taking some newspapers down to our trash room where I found this adorable little kid's bench. The hardware was sturdy and really, the only thing "wrong" with it was that someone had colored all over it. M saw it and immediately wanted it. So, I figured a little revamping was in order. It was perfect, too, because I happened to have some paint brushes and paint on hand!


I forgot to take before pictures, but M and I headed outside and painted a few fresh coats of white. I think it came out so cute!




I have high hopes of making some space in her room for a reading corner and putting this little guy in it, but for now, it's sitting in front of her bed and she sat on it all yesterday eating popcorn from a little bowl watching tv. Perfect for a sick toddler who doesn't want to move from her room all day, but who can't eat popcorn laying down.


I'm trying to decide if I think adding some pillows or cushions would work out well for the reading corner or not. We'll see!




1 comment:

Jamie said...

I'm your newest follower from the Tuesday Blog Toddle!

A reading corner is a great idea!! I definitely vote for cushions. :o)

http://www.forloveofcupcakes.com