Monday, February 28, 2011

30DC: Get Moving - Days 12, 13 & 14

DAY 12 (2/25):
Wii Fit Plus: 16 minutes of exercise/stretches
Hula Hoop: 1-2 minutes


DAY 13 (2/26):
Cardio (Squat & Punch): 1-2 minutes



DAY 14 (2/27):
AM Walk: 10 minutes
Walking (around zoo): 2 hours





So, I didn't do as well these last few days as I had been doing, but the weather has been a little warmer - which means it's allergy season and I feel like I've been hit by a bus. So, I feel grateful that I managed to get anything done. My backs of my thighs are feeling a little tender today, so my body obviously still feels like it's doing something and that's a plus.


Did you know.....
Did you know that exercising on an empty stomach in the mornings improves glucose tolerance? I read that today in Self magazine and thought it was interesting.

I also read the other day that people who are dieting/working out and eat 1 cup of fat free yogurt a day actually lose weight faster than those who don't because of all the good bacteria in it. So, I went out and picked up some Activia Light yogurt in peach & strawberry to see if it really makes a difference. Activia Light is only 70 calories and tastes pretty good, so that's a bonus. :) They say you need to eat it once a day for at least 2 weeks to start noticing a difference.
   

1 comment:

mommy2luke2008 said...

At least you exercised a little everyday. That's good. I didn't know that about working out in the morning or about the yogurt. I can't get up early enough to workout in the mornings before work. I wish I could because I'd rather it be that way.

I used to eat yogurt everyday for lunch. Not sure if it helped me but I like it. The Activia is o.k. I think, I honestly like the vanilla low fat yogurt myself lol.