Monday, November 8, 2010

What makes you happy?

When I was in Middle School, I discovered my fondness for mailing lists. Maybe you remember them? You subscribed and you got an email every so often on whatever topic the mailing list was about? Or maybe you don't remember. Maybe it was just me and my geeky friends. haha. Anyway, I had a couple mailing lists that I ran... one on Harry Potter, one on dolls (you at least remember those graphic dolls, right?), one on Hanson (I KNOW, DON'T LAUGH AT ME!) and a couple others. I LOVED writing these newsletters up and sending them out. It gave me an escape from my home life, I guess.

"Dolls", in case you've never seen them. ;)


Shortly after my mailing list venture, I found message boards/forums. I made some great online friends (some I even ended up meeting in real life)! But this was also the time when I discovered my love of web and graphic design. I did some freelance here and there, but I knew if I tried to study it in college, I'd wind up hating it. I wound up doing some legit web design for my boyfriend at the time's band, too. It was actually a really cool site and wish I had some samples from it. Eventually, I fell out of touch with my creative side and dove into my studies.

So when my friend Viv over at Creative Minds mentioned a few weeks ago that she needed a new blog layout, I jumped at the chance! What else is there to do when you're sick in bed anyway?


If you'd like to take a look, feel free to stop over and say 'hi' to Viv. She's got a great blog and 2 adorable sons! And yes, I do have a new layout in the works for My Little Apricot. ;)

What hobby makes you happy?


3 comments:

Creative Minds said...

I am so thankful for you! Thank you so much for giving my blog such an awesome and beautiful make over. :) You're amazing!!!

Sarah Halstead said...

I like it! You did a great job!

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

I don't think I ever did mailing lists...but I started on yahoo groups waaaaay back when! I'm an Internet geek right there with you! My happy hobby? Scrapbooking. Sadly, the last time I pulled out my supplies was the day I found out I was pregnant with Savannah. We don't have room for me to keep my supplies out, and it's too much of a hassle to pull everything out and put it back everytime I want to work. It's a bummer...but one day I'll get back to it!