Saturday, November 13, 2010

I want to love you....

.


I recently got my hands on some cds from Cradle Rock and I have to tell you, I love these! When M is stressed out or crying, the fastest way to cheer her up is to play some music that she likes and these definitely did the trick today on our way to Target. I popped in our Thrillaby disc filled with Michael Jackson songs and we were on our way.

There are no words on these cds, the iconic songs have been turned into lullabies, but even with the different instruments, you can still clearly tell which song is which. I have to tell you, P.Y.T. is still my favorite Michael Jackson song, even in lullaby form. I love the artwork on the album covers, too.

In the cradle rock series, soothing sounds from instruments such as the vibraphone, glockenspiel and mellotron are used to create the lullabies. It's actually really cool sounding.

Cradle Rock currently has 3 cds available - Thrillaby (Michael Jackson), No Shoes, No Diaper... Might be a Problem (Kenny Chesney) and I Crawl the Line (Johnny Cash). Soon, however, they will be releasing cds featuring the Eagles, Black Eyed Peas, U2, Carrie Underwood & Pink Floyd. You can hear clips of the songs from their current albums on their website. I also suggest checking out their Facebook page & Twitter.

Cradle Rock is distributed by The Warner Music Group and available on digital distribution services like iTunes ($9.99) and at music retail outlets across the United States ($11.98).

WIN IT!  
Tree Top Records is giving My Little Apricot readers the chance to win their choice of Cradle Rock cd.

How to Enter: Follow My Little Apricot via Google Friend Connect and leave a comment! (Make sure to include your email address so that we can contact you if you win)

That's it! Giveaway will end November 24th, 2010 and the winner will be selected via random.org.


Keeping it Real: I received all 3 Cradle Rock cds for free in order to do this review. Tree Top Records will be sending the winner their prize directly.









[Product review & giveaway disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."]

13 comments:

BOWquet said...

I FOLLOW!!!!! :)
bowquet@hotmail.com

amanthony said...

I follow your blog and I'm totally interested in checking these out, but I'm not that cool and I don't really know if I follow via Google Friend Connect. How do I do that?

amanda.and.anthony@gmail.com

lindsey said...

pick me, pick me!
i follow via GFC

mcaulays at hotmail dot com

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

I follow ya! And I am always up for new kid's music!!

Her Momma said...

i already follow! :)
finallymom at gmail dot com

Jacqueline Gikow said...

What a great promotion. I don't have kids, but it's a terrific opportunity for those who do. I'm now following you anyway.

Creative Minds said...

I'm a follower. :)

Chelsea Ling said...

sooo cute! would love it for my baby.. am following

Monkey Momma said...

I'm a follower!!!!

cannagirl930@gmail

Birgit said...

Want to win!
danaan@gmx.at

Birgit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
stacy said...

ollowing!

gingeroo616@aol.com

Marvelous Mommy said...

I follow you with GFC