Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Christmas Cards?

Sending out Christmas cards with pictures of the kids on them has been a tradition in my family since before I can remember. And those without kids sent pictures of their pets.

Last year, we didn't have a chance to send out an actual photo card, but we did send out regular cards with Christmas photos included. The photographer though M should be a model. What do you think?

Yes, at 10 months old, she was still my little toothless beauty. Looking back at these pictures, I still can't believe how big she's gotten! She had just started walking, so every time that we tried to get her to sit, she'd take off. It was hilarious. The photographer loved her though and she got to sit with Santa in the lobby while we waited for the pictures to be printed.



She kept throwing "the ball"
This one is one of my favorites. We didn't pose her or try to get her to do this at all!

This year, I can't wait to get M's Christmas photos done and we are definitely getting photo cards done. I'm really excited about it and think I'll be trying to take her next week (which means Christmas outfit shopping needs to get done this weekend!).

The one thing that always turns me off when trying to decide on photo cards is the price. We take M to the Picture People for her portraits and the cards are so pricey! I love their work, but come on. And they always bring out the framed prints to show you as samples. You know what they do with those, right? They toss them. Sure, there is no sitting fee, but don't waste the pictures like that.

Jesse & I have been exploring our options this time around and have decided that we'll be getting some of our Christmas cards from Shutterfly. I had M's birth announcements printed via Shutterfly and loved the quality.

Not only does Shutterfly have a great selection of cards (you can choose from holiday invitations to religious Christmas cards and even Christmas gift tags!), but there are tons for under $1 a piece. I've been browsing their selection all morning and I think I'm going to have difficulty choosing which one(s) I want to go with!

These are some of my favorites so far:

French Vintage
Retro Chic
Candy Boxes
How will you guys be doing your cards this year? Do you include letters to keep your long distance family up to date with your lives? I think I will be this year.

NOTE: I will be receiving 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly for letting you know about their cards. I was not compensated in any other way for this post. And I really do think Shutterfly's quality is really good and the prices are fair. We had M's birth announcements done through Shutterfly. If you're a blogger and want 50 free cards all you have to do is apply.


3 comments:

Raych said...

Oh my goodness, she's absolutely precious! She should be a little baby model :)

-Raych
http://losingwithraych.blogspot.com

Sarah Halstead said...

She is so cute! I really love the retro chic one. Too cute!!

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

Have we known each other a year already? I know I've seen those pics of her from last year. They are just adorable!!! We get pics at The Picture People too, so I know exactly what you're talking about. I can't wait to see what cards you choose!!!