Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lemon Pepper Salmon

I don't know about you guys, but my husband is a very picky eater. He likes very few things and wants to eat them over and over and over again. Me? I get tired of having the same couple meals every day. And now that the cost of ground beef has gone up ($4 at Target! It used to be $2!), I find myself lacking for meal ideas.

So the other day, I found a coupon for $2 off some frozen salmon fillets and I figured I'd give it a shot. Now I have never made salmon before... or any kind of real fish for that matter (I don't count fish sticks, haha). And just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, we had it again today. We still loved it, so I thought I'd share my recipe with you guys!

The best part? Our whole meal (lemon pepper salmon, mashed potatoes, salad & steamed broccoli) was under 400 calories! My recipe is for 3 servings. Adjust accordingly.


Lemon Pepper Salmon

3 4 oz salmon fillets (I used frozen and thawed it in the microwave for 90 seconds)
3 tbs butter or margarine (I used unsalted)
lemon juice
lemon pepper
salt

1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. While waiting, melt butter. Place salmon in baking dish. Coat with butter. Sprinkle a little bit of salt across fillets. Drizzle lemon juice (to taste). Add lemon pepper to taste (I used about 4 shakes per fillet).
2. Bake for 8 minutes, flip. Sprinkle bottom side (now top) with lemon pepper. Bake for 8 more minutes.
3. Broil on each side for 3 minutes.

And that's it, you're done!





1 comment:

Creative Minds said...

That looks SOOO good and healthy