Thursday, August 26, 2010

Some people are real jerks

So here I am really proud of myself this week because I lost another 1.6lbs. Almost hitting a 15lbs loss. That's really good for 12 weeks, right? 3 months. 5lbs a month. A little over 1lb a week.

Well, I went to take M for a walk in her wagon. Even better - a 25 minute walk and I was pulling the wagon with her in it... by myself. Yay for exercise. I was proud of myself for that, too.

And some jerk in a car drives by, rolls down his window and shouts 'Damn, look at that big ass bitch'.

Now here I am.

Sitting on my couch.

Crying.

Why?

Because some jerk called me fat. And it's the first time I've been called fat in 12 years.

Thanks for ruining my day, jerk.

I'd really like to go eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's now. :(




8 comments:

Sippy Cup Mom said...

SCREW THEM!!!

I am so proud of you and so are a lot of other people! He must just be feeling bad about himself.

What a jerk! You're doing awesome!

Whitney said...

Aww... that really makes me mad! You are doing an amazing job and I applaud you. 1 lb a week is wonderful and really good pace!!! I know I'm not losing any weight and you're such an inspiration for me to get on the ball!! Haha, don't eat the ice cream, don't let them get to you!

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

I agree. SCREW THEM! You have done AWESOME!

I feel your pain though. I had a guy tell me I was fat back in like 1995 and I can still feel my cheeks get red and hot when I remember that. It's so painful :-(

Sarah Halstead said...

Oh my that is so sad! He probably has so many issues. I would not even worry with him. Great job on going for that walk. Don't let him discourage you. Keep on keeping on! You can do it.

AlliC said...

Way to go on your weightloss! Hugs to you. Keep up the great work!

Marci said...

I'm so sorry that happened! Some people are just so ridiculous. He probably didn't get hugged enough as a child. Don't let the stupid people of the world ever dictate how you feel about yourself. You are awesome and you know how well you have been doing with your weighloss, he knows nothing.

marissa said...

are you kidding me. What kind of life must that fool have to feel the need to go out of his way to be cruel to a stranger like that. Seriously you shouldn't worry what a moron/creep/waste of resources like that thinks ever ever ever! YOu are doing great.

The Girl Creative said...

Ugh! What a loser! 15 lbs is great!!!!!! It is sooooooo hard to lose weight, don't I know it! People who make other people feel bad do it b/c they have low self esteem. You are doing xoxo