Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bubble Bloomers & Appliqued T-Shirt (+ mini tute)

Earlier this week I was accepted to be a pattern tester for Whimsy Couture's new Bubble Bloomers pattern! I did them in a size 3T for her and I have to tell you, this is one of the easiest things I've ever made. The pattern is only 2 pieces, so you're done very quickly.


I used Michael Miller's Eiffel Tower fabric in blue and for 3T, I used way less than 1/2 a yard of fabric. Since I had a lot left, I cut out one of the Eiffel Towers and created an applique for her t-shirt. This was perfect since we were going to a Bon Voyage party for one of our friends today. M was a hit! Everyone loved the outfit.



The applique was super easy to do. I cut out a rectangular shape in my leftover fabric, used a tight zig zag stitch around all of the edges and then used Heat & Bond and ironed the piece on to the t-shirt. Voila - instant applique!


 It was my first time working with elastic thread, but I wasn't scared at all! It was actually really easy and I can't wait to work with it again. I can't wait to make more of these bloomers, too. They're adorable!

For a limited time, Whimsy Couture is offering this new pattern for only $4 (up to a size 4T) on their blog, so be sure to go over there and pick it up!






2 comments:

whimsy*couture*sewing*tutorials said...

Thank you so much for posting this test pattern on your blog! The bloomers look adorable on your little one! I love the fabric and also the patch you did on the shirt! Thanks again!

lindsey said...

That outfit is seriously one of the cutest I have seen!
Great job :)