Thursday, July 1, 2010

Weekly Weigh In - Week 4




Last Week

This Week

STARTING WEIGHT: 211.6
LAST WEEK'S WEIGHT: 205
CURRENT WEIGHT: 205.5
TOTAL LOSS/GAIN FROM LAST WEEK: +0.5lbs
GOAL BY AUGUST 1: 195

STARTING MEASUREMENTS: 44 - 37.5 - 46.5 - 29
LAST MEASUREMENTS: 44 - 35.5 - 44 - 28.5
CURRENT MEASUREMENTS:  44 - 34.5 - 42.5 - 28.5
TOTAL LOSS FROM LAST WEEK: 0 - 1 - 1.5 - 0

So, I gained another .5lbs. Not as bad as last week's gain, but it's always a little disappointing to see your scale go up. I feel like I've been stuck between 204 & 206 for forever. I do have to give myself some credit though because my measurements did go down a bit (in some places). I'm not surprised that I haven't lost anything in my chest. It's always the hardest place for me to lose weight in. I am happy to see that my waist and hips went down significantly, even though I have yet to feel/notice the difference. They say 1 inch is approximately 1lb, so I'm going to attribute my .5 weight gain to muscle gain.

Water-wise, I sucked this week. I had/have a really bad head cold (which led to an upset stomach), so there was a lot of tea and ginger ale. I did do a lot of weight lifting though. I've upgraded my 3lbs weights to 8lbs (most of the time), so I'm definitely starting to feel it again in my arms, which I like.

Here's hoping next week the scale heads in the right direction!




12 comments:

Sarah Halstead said...

Way to go on the loss in your measurements. Once you get more muscle I think the weight will start melting off.

Marvelous Mommy said...

I love the measurements idea! As long as the measurements are going down the weight doesn't matter!!

Rachel said...

Great job on going up on weights, 8 lbs. is a big deal!

mommy2luke2008 said...

I would rather see the measurements go down rather than the scale. I would say that the scale will catch up with your measurements though.

BOWquet said...

Well you're doing a great job. I'm scared to step on my scale. :)

lindsey said...

Good for you on your meaurements! Keep up the good work and I hope you start feeling better soon :)

Samantha said...

don't worry about the scale, the inches are what you'll notice in your clothes :) great great job!

SugarBooty said...

You probably gained muscle. Don't feel bad! You'll get there.

Danielle @ "We Don't Have It All Together" said...

.5 lbs could also just be water weight. I still think you are doing great!

For some odd reason my weight goes up & down daily within about 5-6 lbs, which can be SO discouraging!

It's great that you are keeping up on exercising! I still haven't gotten my motivation back yet. One of these days I will start running again.

Good luck for next week :)

Marvelous Mommy said...

There's an award for you over at my blog! http://marvelousmommyamy.blogspot.com/2010/07/blogging-awards.html

Mrs. Mommy said...

I never thought of doing measurements! Great idea! If those go down a little gain isn't so bad. Muscle is supposed to weigh more than fat, so maybe you're gaining muscle! :0)

I do my weight on my Wii fit too. I love my Wii fit. :0)

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Excellent on the measurements! That's progress. Keep it up!