Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wedding Count Down: 10 days to go

With only 10 days left to go, I'm beginning to feel a little anxious. I really really need to get my hair cut (I haven't had it cut in almost a year) and the hair salon near us only charges $20 (including tip) to cut a woman's hair, which is great.... except we got hit with 3 overdraft fees this week (for being $0.29 overdrawn). So now we our bank account is dry, leaving us with very little to make it until next Wednesday (3 days before the wedding). Goodbye hair cut. I can't even think about the possibility of getting my hair highlighted like I wanted to. Why now? Why does our bank have to be a bunch of jerks NOW. They never charge me for being $0.29 overdrawn. Hell, they never charge me for anything under $10!

What does this mean for me?

1. No hair cut ($20)
2. No getting my hair highlighted ($25)
3. No white flip flops to go with my wedding dress ($10)
4. No custom water bottle labels for wedding favors ($20)
5. Having to cut back on the wedding favor costs
6. Having to do my food shopping at Walmart for the next 2 weeks so that I can pay with my Walmart card (ugh)
7. No buying fabric to make a beach blanket for us (I needed 6-8 yards of fabric - approx. $30-$40)
8. No beach tote ($13)


I'm devastated. Why me? Why now? 

These are a few of the things I was lusting after (and was hoping I'd make a sale or two on Etsy so that I could buy them)...








1 comment:

Sarah Halstead said...

I am so sorry! I hope it gets better. Did you talk to your bank and see if they would lower the fee. I called once and they cut the fee in half or something.

You are getting married on the same day as us. We will be celebrating our 6 year anniversary on Saturday. Congratulations and Good Luck with everything!