Friday, July 16, 2010

21 Day Challenge: Drink More Water

I have decided to give myself a 21 day challenge. And maybe, if this one is successful, I will do multiple challenges.

Why 21 days? It takes about 21 days to effectively make or break a habit. If you'll notice on the left side bar, I've added a section to update daily with my progress.

My current challenge will be to drink a minimum of 6 cups of water daily. I won't necessarily be eliminating other drinks from my day, but I want to start drinking more water every day. As it is now, sometimes I'm lucky to only drink a half a cup of water a day, if that.

Yes, I know you should drink 6-8 cups of water a day (at least). Yes, I know drinking more water helps your digestion & curbs your appetite. Eventually I'd like to get to a minimum of 8 glasses per day, but for now I will start at 6. 6 is still better than what I do now.



5 comments:

Kate said...

Hi,

what a wonderful idea! Good luck! I should actually try that was well. I really do not drink enough water.

Blessings,
Kate

Pavei Photos said...

Move to Brazil...it will help with your new habit...it's sooooo hot here we drink about 20 cups!! lol Good luck!!!

Just the 3 of us said...

I think you'll do a great job drinking water... :)
You could also move to Florida, it is hot and humid, I'm constantly drinking water. Although I don't think I'm at 8 cups either...
I know you can do it!!!!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Good for you! I've had kidney stones. There's nothing like a kidney stone to get your attention and remind you to drink more water! Now I'm very aware of needing to keep well watered. :-)

Thanks for visiting Cranberry Morning and leaving a comment for me. :-)

Mhel said...

Hi! thanks for follow. following you back now. good tips! happy weekends too!