Friday, June 11, 2010

Weekly Weigh In - Week 1

As a part of New Friend Friday (hosted by The Girl Creative), I was commenting on some of the blogs on the linky today and ended up meeting Amy from Marvelous Mommy. Amy is a SAHM of one of the cutest little girls I've ever seen. Anyway, she let me in on her weekly meme - Weekly Weigh In (she was the winner of the Lose It Bitch competition) - and I decided to join in.

Each week I'll be taking my weight & posting it publicly for you all to see. I'm really hoping that it'll help keep me motivated on this journey. I've been struggling to lose some of this excess weight (though, as you can see from my side bar, I have lost a few pounds in the last month). Pre-pregnancy, I typically fluctuated between 115 and 130lbs. At the end of my pregnancy, I was at 199 and I actually GAINED weight post-birth (I was having trouble breastfeeding and the LC told me to try keeping my calories up). I'm not sure what I topped off at, but about a month and a half ago, I was at 211.8 (this is after I had lost some weight). I know I may never reach 115 again and I'm ok with that, but I was DEVASTATED at how much I gained. As of this week, I was weighing in at 203.4 (it's tracked on my wii, so I'll make sure to photograph it for you next time). Now, my wii told me it is absolutely normal for a person's weight to differ by about 2 lbs every day (this was something new to me) and I'm so glad that it did because every time I weighed myself, I couldn't get a handle on WHY my weight was different every day.

Here are my goals...
Starting Weight: 211.8
Current Weight: 203.4
Weight Loss Goal by July 31:  185lbs
Left to Go to Make Goal: 18.4lbs
Weight Loss Goal by October 31: 170lbs
Weight Loss Goal by December 31: 160lbs
Weight Loss Goal by February 28: 140lbs
Other Goals: Drink more water/drink less soda

Anyway, this is my intro post for the Weekly Weigh In and my weight this week was 203.4lbs. Click the button if you'd like to join in...

10 comments:

lindsey said...

Soda is evil!! Lol. Just kidding, well kinda ;)
You can totally do this!
Good luck and I am happy to be on this journey with you!

daniii♥ said...

Thanks Lindsey! I was going to post a picture of my scale today, but today's one of my 'heavy' days (Monday/Tuesday seem to be my lightest)

mommy2luke2008 said...

You have done good already!! I did this too for the motivation, I really think it will work. I love diet soda too but I swear every time that I have it, I gain weight. I have been only letting myself have one when I have drank all my water for the day! Can't wait to see your progress!

Sarah Halstead said...

Soda is so bad for you, but hard to stop drinking. I need to stop drinking it. Today is my 1st day without drinking it. So so hard. Thanks for coming by my blog. I am following you now.

daniii♥ said...

Right? Soda seems to be everyone's downfall. I work in an office where we have the choice of beer, soda, hot coffee or warm water (because most of the time our water cooler doesn't work). Guess which of the 4 wins out the most. It was so bad that at 1 point I was drinking EIGHT TO TEN cans a day!!! Now I've always been a soda junkie, but that's too much even for me!

I finally cut myself down to 2-3, but now I'm trying to get down to 1-2. I've been trying to pick up iced tea for the office whenever I'm the one picking it up.

Lisa said...

Congrats on taking this step! It's so hard to cut pop, but once you do it, it gets easier. I cut down to one a week. I still crave it all the time, but I try really hard to only have 1 every week. Saves $$ too!

Marvelous Mommy said...

Great post! Thanks so much for joining in! I love how you posted your goals and plan of action! I'm totally going to do that next week!

Paula said...

Keep up the good work! I need to do the same thing.

Paula@One Mom's Corner of the World

Krissy said...

Following you from Follow Me Friday!! I hope you can stop by our blog too and do the same. Have a great weekend.

http://theartsymom.tk

BOWquet said...

keep up the good work!! I am also trying to lose weight using my wii fit :) Hopefully we can encourage each other.
Hope you can reach your goals soon!