Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Yummy yummy chicken dinner!

I made dinner the other night - a new recipe for us! It was a yummy chicken breast seasoned with thyme, four cheese mashed potatoes and salad. Even Daddy liked it and he hates chicken. The little monster kept saying "mmmm" at every bite. It came out perfectly tender and nice and juicy. We will definitely be making this again.

You need:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen is fine, but defrost in the fridge overnight)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tbs vegetable oil

1. Add vegetable oil (I used canola) to a frying pan and heat.
2. While heating oil, mix salt and thyme.
3. Place all 4 chicken breasts in the pan, sprinkle seasoning on.
4. Cook for approximately 15 minutes (depending on thickness of your chicken cut), turning once. After you turn, sprinkle seasonings on the other side.

I flipped mine again at the very end to really soak those seasonings in there. I also added the remainder of my salt/thyme mixture to the cooking oil. VERY tasty.

2 comments:

BOWquet said...

That looks SOOOOO good!

Krissy said...

I love adding thyme to my dishes, sounds weird, but it goes great on a pizza with pear, mozzarella, provolone, garlic, barbecue sauce and chicken if you want it more hearty!