Saturday, November 28, 2009

28 November 2009

My birthday has come and gone. Thanksgiving is over. Now it's time to get out the Christmas decorations, turn on the Christmas music and get ready for my favorite holiday of the year.

Our Thanksgiving plans ended up changing a bit and it wound up being just me, the boy and the baby. It was okay. The turkey turned out really well, so I'm glad about that. It was my first time cooking a bird by myself. :) I cooked it breast side down for 2 hours and then flipped it for the next hour and a half. There weren't really enough drippings to consistently baste it, so I rubbed butter on the outside for the first 3 hours and basted for the last hour. At 3.5 hours, the bird was at 177 degrees. Since I need it at 180, I cooked it for 15 minutes longer and then let it rest for 20 minutes. It was definitely a tasty bird!


The vegetables weren't great, the carrots & potatoes were worthless. The zucchini & squash, on the other hand were tasty.


The Princess liked it, she kept dipping everything in her potatoes. haha.

On Black Friday, we got to Target at 7am. It wasn't really as crowded as I thought it'd be. Yes, it was crowded, but we were out of the store by 7:45am, after shopping and paying. We spent around $127, but we saved $153. Go us! I found a 100pc mega blocks set for $10. That was a good find. Afterwards, I took J to work and headed to Joann's. They had this ADORABLE stuffed giraffe. I was holding it, letting Maddie touch it to see if she liked it and some little old lady stole it out of our hands! And it was the last one. I was so sad and M started pouting. I wasn't going to put up a fight about a stuffed animal, but come on, who rips a toy out of a kid's hands.

How'd your Thanksgiving end up? Did you go shopping for Black Friday?

3 comments:

Chrisy said...

That turkey looks delicious...well done! Very excited about my earrings win...thank you dear girl...have a good week...

HollieKs said...

Turkey looked good, Im to scared to cook one myself out right haha. So I went to target but not until like 3 PM and everything I wanted was gone, but there was no way I was getting up at 5 am to go. I actually got a Portable DVD player for the kids for the car for 47 bucks I was happy about. Lastly Dani, was that a big stuffed Giraffe?? B/c I was in Joann's last week and my 1 yr old son was in love with it too and I think it was just $10 or something at the time!

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

Are you serious???? I would have totally said something to that woman. Good grief!!!!!!