Friday, November 20, 2009

20 November 2009

This year, I'm in charge of Thanksgiving. We're having Jesse's mom and sister over and I'm cooking. I've cooked Thanksgiving foods by myself before, but never the whole meal, so I'm feeling a little.... anxious? nervous?

Anyway, for the past week and a half I've been thinking and strategizing (is that even a word?? haha) and planning. I never knew that there we so many different ways to cook a turkey! And why in the world do all of the turkey recipes require a 12+ lbs bird?? I'm still not done planning yet, but here's what I've got figured out so far...
  • Roasted turkey (cooked breast down for the first hour) with roasted vegetables (I'm thinking carrots, zucchini and squash)
  • Stuffing (cooked outside the bird)
  • Asparagus
  • Mashed potatoes (from real potatoes, not flakes, mmmmm)
  • Green Beans
  • Pumpkin Pie & Vanilla Ice Cream
So that's it so far for what I'm making. His mom, I think, is bringing that dish with the marshmallows on top... what is that?? Sweet potatoes? Yams?? We're also considering picking up some broccoli and cheddar soup from Panera for an appetizer.

What are you making for Thanksgiving?? What are your plans for the holiday?

3 comments:

BOWquet said...

That all sounds yummy. This year I'm hosting my first Thanksgiving meal too. :) I can't wait!
And Panera's sounds great for appetizer!

HollieKs said...

Hi there, saw it was your bday today 11/23 on etsymoms street team, so happy birthday! and I love your knits. Consider me a new follower :)

HollieKs said...

Good luck on the Turkey, thats one thing im afraid to do. I like to stay in charge of the sides.